[Dailydrool] A book of Angela?

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 08:17:56 PST 2009

Bill here,press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Rebecca Stanton and Morse--now you've done it!  Miss Angela really likes the idea of a book of her posts.  I, however, am not so hot on the idea.  We joined the Drool in 2003, when I first took on the daunting task of making Angela Basset a household name.  Having an active presence on the Drool and keeping her available for her fans, both in Wichita and world wide, has been a pleasant and rewarding task for me in my retirement.  While both Miss Angela's efforts in teaching Bassetude 101 and her brief foray into coaching in the North American Turd Hockey League were doomed by her severely short attention span,in general, Miss Angela has been happy with my efforts. (though she is frequently unhappy about the time off I require for travel. )

 Now, Rebecca, you have aroused Miss Angela's interest in this new project.
I have not kept any of our posts and really have little desire to sift back through the archives for the many reports I have sent in.  Susan Randolph did gather one of Angie's exploits and all of the Bassetude 101 lectures in her YOU HAD ME AT AHROO. Miss Angela is dead set on having a book of her own and will probably make my life miserable until one is produced.  I intend to adamantly hold my ground, however.  Maybe she will relent if I explain the time that such and effort would take away from walks, belly rubs, lap naps and other services she has come to expect.

 We would be happy if someone wished to do the work of gathering all the posts and put them in a book.  I am open to a deal to allow publication and donate profits if anyone wanted to go to the trouble.  That said, I am doing my best to forget that this book thing was ever mentioned.  I will read no posts concerning the project to Miss Angela.  Maybe the whole thing will go away quietly.  I retired because I wanted to be slothful and unproductive.  Angela has pretty much adopted that lifestyle.  Please don't give her ambition.

Bill (OK, it's time to do the New York Times Sunday crossword)
Angela (start looking at archives, you fat slacker)