[Dailydrool] antibiotic resistant ear infections cured

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 8 08:29:49 PST 2009

Hi!

My Waltzing Maggie Mae had the antibiotic resistant ear infection.  As she is a rescue I don't know when it started but she had it all the time she was in rescue.  Which was ten months.  It took us almost a year to clear the infection and Maggie Mae has been infection free since April 2009.

My vet worked with Cornell Veterinary Hospital, for the treatment.  My vet has cured MM and 3 other dogs.  The treatment was long, took up to six treatments a day, and was costly.  At times I felt MM might not make it, when green stuff just flowed out of her ear.  Some medications MM became sensitive to.

The treatment to me is like chemotherapy, the patient will have good and bad days, but at the end, when Maggie was cured it WAS ALL WORTH IT.  Having Maggie pain free and infection free and acting like a puppy ( she is 9 (?)).

Cathy Burlew