[Dailydrool] Thank you from Sweet Sarah's Family

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Nov 9 05:14:33 PST 2009

I have often read of the out-pouring of love from all of you after a houndie has died, and now I know first-hand what that means. Your wonderful notes have been streaming in since yesterday morning, and each one brings tears and smiles as you all remember Sarah. I am saving them all in my "Sarah" folder so Bill can read them later; he can't bear to read them now.

Many of you have said how fortunate it is that we have all those videos of Frank and Sarah (and Cody the doxie, too), so we can remember how she was. When I made them, I wasn't thinking of them as a visual history of our pups, and I'm really glad we have them now.

We keep in contact with Sarah's breeder, meet them for dinner now and then. They came over to our house about a year ago, I think, and hadn't seen Sarah in 12 years, since she was 6 months old. We were all watching Frank and Sarah trot across the back yard, and the breeder said she was very pleased and impressed with how well Sarah was aging and what good shape she was in. Here's part of her note to us yesterday: "Sarah had the best possible life with you folks, and we want you to know how much we appreciate the love and care you lavished on her.  We always wished we could clone you - that all our pups could enjoy a long, happy, comfortable life with such devoted families."

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your supportive posts and emails about our Sweet Sarah, I don't think I can answer them all, one by one, but please know they are so very much appreciated.

Nancy and Bill, owned by Frank the Tank
and Sweet Sarah ATB (I never thought I'd have to write that. . .)