[Dailydrool] Vet visits

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:16:45 PST 2009

We got to go to the vet again today.   Ninja needed her shots and I wanted Marley to be seen by someone else just to see what they would say about her itchy spots.  I am never taking those two again by myself.  Ninja morphs into a Missouri Mule when she gets near a vet.  I almost broke some fingers just getting out the door without letting Maggie out too.  She desperately wanted to go.  Ninja howled on the way there.  No reason.  Just wanted my ears to ring while driving.

When we got there a really cute little girl was at the door and she threw her arms around Ninja to hug her.  Ninja is not friendly.  She was so stunned she just let the little girl hug her.  I wish parents would tell kids that not all cute looking dogs are friendly.  Ninja is one of the least friendly dogs I have ever met.  Marley is much nicer but as a really grumpy looking face so people leave her alone.

We got in and got in a little room without too much trouble.  It was kind of like being one of those guys who pull semis with just ther muscles.  Ninja really did not want to go in.  Marley went first and the vet looked over her spots.  She combed her for fleas and found one little piece of something flea related.  I guess she is allergic to flea bites.  I didn't know she had flea bites.  She is also allergic to other stuff probably as the spots in different places are different.  This vet was not so positive about the allergy testing.  She said we would get some relief but probably not all.  She also has an ear infection.  I will let the DH wrestle with the ears.  She doesn't like me much on a good day.  The vet is also putting her on something, I forget the name, that is an antihistamine and will help OCDness.  I think some of her itching is habit or out of boredom.  She just really likes to scratch.  She forgot to call the pharmacy or they forgot to write it down.  I will have to track it down tomorrow.  The DH wanted to know if it would take away the grumpies.  We'll see about that.

Then it was time to get NInja's shots.  The scale there is also the table and it moves up and down.  The vet put a treat on it for Marley and she got right on.  Not the Missouri mule.  She put a treat on and while I was trying to manuever said mule, Marley jumped on the scale ate the treat and jumped off.  This happened again so I finally had to haul Ninja up and get her in the air.  She was not amused.  Didn't want the treat either.  She took all her sticks well but was ready to go.  Then she tried to climb under a chair arm in the waiting room as we were coming out to eat a little yappy dog.  I finally had to put them in the car and come back in to pay.  I don't like to do that but it was preferable to having my arm ripped out of its socket.

We got cheeseburgers on the way home for everyone and when I set the sack next to Ninja she slid off the seat and sat on the floor.  I think she was afraid of it.  We all enjoyed our burgers.  I could have used a drink or more than one to be honest.  I also needed a nap.  They were on their 10th or so for the day.

I really don't like taking them to the vet.  Hopefully it will be a while before we go again.

Snooters and basset hugs from Ninja--Dat moma bettew not take me der again.

Marley--Why is eberybody so interested in my butt????  It itches all da times.

Maggie--I neber getta do anywheres. Humph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby--Can I hab anoder cookie????????????Can I????

Mom--who does not have any desire to take doggies in the car for a long time.

All of the houndage is resting comfortably after dinner and cookies.  Resting up for mischief later I think.