[Dailydrool] Vet visits

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Nov 10 17:17:37 PST 2009

<<We got to go to the vet again today. Ninja needed her shots and I wanted
Marley to be seen by someone else just to see what they would say about her
itchy spots. I am never taking those two again by myself. >>

I learned this some time ago. I think I was taking Jane (who hates going to
the vet's) and Bel (who has only recently learned to fear the vet's office).
While I was there, I spoke to the receptionist about this. She told me most
folks do not bring two at the same time, because they tend to act up. For
me, traveling back and forth to the vet for two dogs in the same day is just
too tiring. So everyone now has a private vet visit. It may not save time,
but it sure saves my nerves and my strength. Trying to hold onto one dog
while the other is absolutely refusing to enter the building is a real
challenge--one I don't really need. Then once you get in the door, you have
to hold onto two, each going in a different direction.

Good idea to take them separately. You really will be happier doing so.
Pam, food slave and driver to the vets for the Dashing Bassets