[Dailydrool] Advice needed

claire schaeffer mcdonaldsrules at msn.com
Mon Nov 9 17:12:38 PST 2009

I have five bassets and four of them are lumpy. The vet advised me to put them on new dog food. I am so confused and looking for advice. They are on dry shredded blend pro plan and have been their entire lives. Ages are 2, 4, 6, 9 & 10. I have been told that the food I have been feeding them is what is causing their lumps.

I am so upset tonight because that is the food our old vet swore by. The old vet passed away and the new vet is telling me it has to be the food because they all have it in common.  Today our 9 year old girl "baby" had to have her tail amputated due to a lump the wraped around the tail and affected the bone. She is freshly our of surgery and doing well so far. A tol of three lums were removed. I am just sick over it.

I am in my last bag of food and need to get a new one to transition them to and am desperate for some good advice. i want to stay with dry dog food and want to have only one kind for all ages.

I am grateful for any advive and maybe some drool could be slung our way.

Thanks Claire slave to Ruffis, Bella, Einstein, Beathovan and Baby Girl