[Dailydrool] Queen Poppy

Zara zara444 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 00:19:42 PST 2009

Dear Terry and Dylan,

I am sooooooo sorry to hear about the Queen's passing.  I remember reading about her when I first joined the DD back in January 2004.  I was a faithful reader/lurker for a couple of years then got so busy with my work that I never had time to read emails anymore, let alone the DD. I am ashamed to say that I am one of the few remaining individuals that is still on dial-up internet, and it sometimes takes me hours to just check email.  I am now the proud owner of an I-Phone, and I can check my email so fast on that thing, that I'm hoping I'll be able to return here.

I have shared many belly laughs  and cried sorrowfull tears with the rest of you here.  I lost my first basset (Ollie) to the bridge a couple years ago.  It was the first time we had the vet come to the house, and Ollie made his journey from his favorite place in the world - on the couch in my arms.  I will never, ever do it any other way if possible.  It seemed so much more peaceful for all of us, especially Ollie, to not have to go to the vet's office, but have the vet come here.

I'm crying just thinking about losing him, so I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to say good-bye to your wife and your Queen Poppy so close together.  Please do take comfort in knowing that they are together again, happy, healthy, and will always be watching over the 2 of you.  The houndies here are slinging drool your way, and Abby (especially) sends you lots of snooter kisses.  And to all of you who have gained and lost houndies since I "left",  my heartfelt congrats and sympathies, respectfully.

I will send an update on our family at a later email....... including how the little princess (Abby) got rescued and brought to her forever home with us 4 months ago.  She is a tiny little thing, but her big brothers have just let her take over the household!!   ......  more to come.........

Zara

Zara Kolb - Proud mommy to all my rescued furkids: Basset Hounds  Monty da Moose & Abby, Australian Shepherd  Luke, and all 7 kitties:  Dusty, Meesha, Maxie, Elvis, Sasha, Cal, and Goulash (and all the deer, raccoons, birds, squirrels, opossums, turtles, mice etc.... we live with at EZ Heart Acres! )