[Dailydrool] Back Home

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 06:01:12 PST 2009

Cooper and I are delighted to be back home from our vacation out west. It
was a lot of fun but very tiring, especially the last day when we drove from
Casper, Wyoming to Des Moines, Iowa. I guess things at home with Hubby and
the three Bassets. They developed the habit of getting up at 2:30 in the
morning to go pee, and then decided at 4:30 that it was time to get up. So
John got very little sleep. I was gone a week. Every time I called home
(about 3 times a day) his voice sounded fainter and flatter than it had
before. I felt bad, but...
Anyway last night, with me home, they got up about 3, went out, went back to
bed and slept until 6. John was soooo disgusted.
We had a wonderful time, and saw a lot of very exciting and beautiful
things-- Golden eagles, Pronghorn antelope, Mule deer, and a cattle drive
that we ended up being part of. They were moving 500 head of cattle on open
range from one range to another 40 miles away. There were 3 cowboys and two
border collies and 500 cows. You can drive through the herd as they move
along the road and on the sides, but we so enjoyed watching the dogs work
and feeling as if we had gone WAY back in time, that we mostly sat there,the
cattle shambling past the car, staring in. Cooper slept. I woke him up to
look at the cattle. Yeah, big deal. He did bark at the Border collies.
All in all we had a terrfiic time. It's nice to be back.

momPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper