[Dailydrool] Too many houndies going to the bridge & DESPERATE FOR FOOD ADVICE!

Barbara Stacey barbara.stacey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 10 06:41:45 PST 2009

    My heartfelt sympathies for all the babies who have gone to the bridge. Slater, you were loved more than you know.Sweet Sarah we love the videos of you and Frank.I know you will be missed and you were loved and cherished.Queen Poppy,rest in peace.You are young again ATB.

   I need some food and supplement advice.My boy, Elmo had been acting just like he wasn't feeling good; kind of hard to explain.He was born with a heart murmur so we had him on heart meds for a while and he saw the vet cardiologist who said his condition had not changed since he was a puppy.Took him off heart meds.Blood tests show a higher than normal red blood cell count and dehydration with acidic urine.

  Vet lady couldn't figure out what was wrong so she sent us to a holistic vet who prescribed the following.iFlora multi-probiotic,Hawthorn blend herbal drops,Chinese herbs.She also wants us to give him cooked ground beef with his regular food;half kibble, half ground beef mixed with probiotic and herbs.Both of my hounds eat Eukanuba Low Residue that we get from the vet and never had a problem with it.

   We are on the second week of this new program and Elmo seems more alert and to have a little more energy.I know there have been discussions on probiotics so I thought I would ask the experts.What bothers me is the ground beef.I'm worried that he will gain weight.Is there a good kibble where I could just add the herbs and not have to give the ground beef?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,  Barbara, Elmo & Blossom