[Dailydrool] My Sister's Favorite "Funny Storey" About Our Basset Hounds

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 10:26:53 PST 2009

My Sister Liz was just telling me this old storey of 35 or so years...about
 our first Basset Hound "Ms. Pansy Feets". Pansy taught us much but we are
rather  thick and Liz still laughs so hard that we all get to crying we
laugh so hard  and remembering Pansy and her ways.

Liz had moved to a new apartment. We had been visiting and Pansy was antsy
to GO. We were saying our goodbyes and it was taking a lonnng time and
"Zoiders"  (aka Pansy) just backed into my new Birkenstocks and laid a big long
poop.  Arroughed a long Arrooough like "I TOLD youso you dope" and at our
gasps  (remember we were new to Bassets so we gasped) Pansy just wagged her
tail.

She forgave us for being such clods.

Cheeky little dog. Oh Pansy I miss you so. When I would sing our song form
Aunty Mames musical..."Your My Best Girl"...oh how she would let loose and
ArrrrooooUUGGGGHHHHH

Like a lot of our first Bassets our Ms Pansy was light in bone and weighed
perhaps only 40 pounds....but you know in all our years of both show, pet,
and  rescue dogs...Pansy we miss her so. What I would not give to hold her
in my arms  again.

Instead..here is one of my Favorite Ms. Pansy Tales:

Remember it was in the 60's when there was no such thing as "Rescue"...just
 "Dog Catchers"
Our first "Rescue" and "Ms. Pansy Feets" were left in the back yard and the
 back door open while we went off to the store for canning supplies for our
 ripening tomates to make some good sauce to save for winter

. We had a huge planter with many trays the design taken from Sunset
Magazine...we were so proud of it...IT was up a bit from the ground so the dogs
stayed out..and it reached to the top of our garage...7 trays all full of
tomato  plants...most all of them ripe and ready to pick. Also in those tray
were dope  plants. with seeds and the scents of the backyard ...oh
heavenly...nothing like  ripe tomatoes, fres cut grass and stinky red Hawaiian pot
plants aroma. By the  way we did not (NOT) plant them a friend just dropped the
seeds into the  planters along side the tomatoes and after about 2 months
or so we had a jungle  of green...which of course we were thrilled with as we
had never had a garden  much les our own house.

Anyhow when we got back home from going to the store...the back gate was
BROKEN OPEN....there were pot and tomato plants...HUGE ones...no leaves on
the  pot...no deep red tomatoes..no seeds....just hulks of the broken and
dirtless...just roots left from being shaken.

We found the dogs sleeping off their spree...one in the living room on
Aunty Gertrudes once pristine brokade couch and one dog had locked herself int
he bathroom. (guess which one was in the bathroom?) Yep Pansy.

 They had broken/knocked over the fireplace screen and pulled out the
charred logs...pulled them allllll around the room. and one up onto the
couch...and PANSY...well she was in the bathroom...she had  somehow turned  on the
faucet and the sink did not drain and so the hot water ran itself
out...allllll over the house...it shrank up the oriental rug and the hardwood  floors
buckled up.

Pansy?

She was in the BATHTUB brilliant Basset that she was.

She was so happy to see us and that we saved her from being trapped in that
 steamy bathroom.

At the time it was so...so awfel...that we just had to laugh. Who would
ever think that a sweet little dog could get into soooo much trouble in such a
 short time?

lol
Love and Woofin, Lexa owned and loved by Hudson and Henry
PS Please dont tell anybody about the D.O.P.E. part..it was US that were
the dopes! lol I still remember running around with my husband holding our
baby  Son on one hip snatching up the vines and sticks of the once beautiful
lush  plants. HOW had they bashed down the back gate?!!  We still laugh about
 that one...they must have had one fun time running around stoned out of
their  gourds...and they ran around the block and thankfully came home to
create a  little fun there too. Sue would have loved to see THAT. So grateful
they came  back home safe.
And...that we all didn't get thrown in jail!!!  It was the end of our  pot
growning days and  the dawning of ..yeah maybe crates might just be a  good
idea. lol