[Dailydrool] UPDATE:Drool for the Gus Man

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 11:16:54 PST 2009

HI All
 I want to thank all for the bassets that went into drool over drive for Gus. Last night was hard on me I slept on a in my living room air mattress
so i could be near him if he need help in the middle of the night. So for all who have done this you know what I went through. Every little movement,breath and sound I was up checking on him. AT 3:30am he did need to potty I had to lift and support him to get out the back door. He had to PEE bad he came back in and was out cold again. AT 9am I called the vet to tell them there had been no improvement from the day before and he was still refusing water and food. I was getting so upset thinking that he was not going to improve. Well he has once again proved me wrong that he is Wonder Gus.
 After I got off the phone I made up a small amount of slurry (canned food and water) sat of the floor and just kept offering it to him after about 5 min of him licking his chops he lapped up some of the slurry not much but some. I got him up to go out and potty then put him back on his bed. I went to the kitchen to get coffee when I heard something, looked in the living room and Gus was trying to stand on his own. I ran over and gave him a gentle hike and took himself for a stroll stopping to get a little water.
Hate to leave you guys hanging but just got the call from the vet we need to head there now.
More to come later
Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936