[Dailydrool] Update on Gus

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 20:26:32 PST 2009

Hi All
Thank you all for the loving support I have gotten for Gus during his I like to call it his "Crash".
He had a pretty good day. I was able to wake him up some what easily. On his own power (supervised) went downed the stairs and out the dog door. YEA! Drank and ate very little. What he liked last night he snubbed this morning, go figure. He did eat some yogurt and canned food nothing else.
I had the day off and had already promise to help Joni take on of our foster in rescue to see his mom over and hour car ride. Alec has bone cancer discovered after he came to rescue because his mom lost job and her home. She loves him so much. She comes up to Alexa's as often as she can but has recently hurt her back and can't ride in the car that long. Joni have volunteered to bring Alec to her for the afternoon. So Joni and I made up a super comfy bedding in the back of the BUV loaded the two old one in and off we went. Gus loves car rides and just slept his day away.
We met at a Starbucks were Pat was able to take Alec for the afternoon to spend one on one time together and Joni and I met up with Diannne Schneider for lunch and more basset talk. It was a great day Gus looked great walking with sure footings he even like the piece of pumpkin loaf I bought him.
I had spoke to the vet assistant during the day and told her about the eating she suggested baby food meat and chicken broth slurry.
Got home and he lapped that right up, had a drink the back up stairs (on his own power) to sleep in the craft room.
So for today he has gained alot for movement control back now we just need the eating to click back in.
Thanks again
Healing drool for all who need it.
snooter kisses and hugs
Patty Crawford