[Dailydrool] Ramp for SUV and Dremel

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sun Nov 15 19:18:00 PST 2009

I needed a new ramp after purchasing an SUV this summer. My SUV is a Nissan Armada and it's quite high off the ground at the rear so I needed a fairly long one so that it wouldn't be too steep for the hounds. If your SUV is lower you could get away with a shorter one. I purchased the Deluxe Pet Ramp form Drs. Foster & Smith. I got the XL model. It weighs 19 lbs. so I wouldn't say it's light. It adjusts from 47" to 89". I needed that much length. You may not. This ramp also comes in a full size which weighs 13 lbs. and adjust from 39" to 72" and they have a half ramp that is 42.5" long. They have aluminum frames and a nonslip walking surface. When I bought mine it was on sale 25% off. I really like this ramp. It's very sturdy, well made and easy to use.I slide it in beside my crates in the back of the Armada.

I see that they have an Ultralight Bifold Ramp that's on sale for $80.99 (in a recent catalog) that weighs 10 lbs. It's made of heavy duty hard plastic. It opens to 5 " long and holds up to 150 lbs. This may be more what you're looking for.

I too, would recommend the Dremel brand tool. It outlasts any of the others I have used. I've had the plug in model for over 10 years and it is still going strong. I fo a lot of nails with 16 houndies here. It has a more powerful motor than the rechargeable one but it is louder. It does a better job on tough thick nails than the rechargeable. You do need the attachement and the sanding drums. WalMart has the best price I have seen on eother model.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets