[Dailydrool] Catching up

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 19:20:14 PST 2009

The movers arrived Thursday as planned and my DH and I spent several frantic
days unpacking before we flew back to Maryland.  Our house is in Melbourne,
FL -- we were bassetless this trip, but they'll be coming with us for
Christmas and we would welcome basset loving visitors!

Hearthealing drool to Terry on his loss of Queen Poppy (after the unbearable
loss of his beloved Dilys earlier this year), to AZBHR and Shadow's foster
family on the loss of Shadow and Dustin, and for Sandi and her beloved Molly
Moo.  We are so sorry for your losses, and are sending gentle thoughts.

Healing drool for Patty's Gus, for Beasley that he continues to recover well
from his surgery, for Dice (let us know how he is -- hopefully no more
rocks!), and for Susan's Gus.  Susan, your story reminded me of the time my
son stepped on a toothpick and it went deep into his foot (to the point
where you could feel the point on the other side).  He was 15 at the time,
and was with a group of friends.  There was much debate about what to do --
it was the middle of a snowstorm and no one drove, and in a moment of
classic 15 year old wisdom one of his friends said, "Dude, you've got to get
that out." -- as if just leaving it in was an option.  They ultimately
called 911 and an ambulance came and took him to the emergency room.  As
Andrew's friend so memorably put it, you have to get whatever is in Gus'
foot out if he doesn't respond to the soaks and antibiotics, even if it
entails anesthesia.  He'll develop a huge infection and greater problems if
it's just left in there.  We're sending healing drool that it resolves
itself the easiest way possible.

And we are sending massive, King-sized buckets of drool to our beloved King
Bob the Dog.  It is just not fair that he spent his 11th birthday going down
in the back, after all the good he has done for other houndies with his
Pawction.  Bob, Geoffrey, Molly, and Henry will always be your beloved
subjects, and Molly says if you need a cart that girls like a hot set of
wheels.  We're sending warm thoughts for a complete and full recovery.

We're glad Miss Annabelle's surgery went well, and even though the mass was
cancer are thrilled that it seems well contained and unlikely to spread.

The bassets have sent their treat money to Daphneyland and Rosebud was
coerced (under great duress) to send her catnip money to Chris at Western
Missouri Basset Rescue.  They are in tough straits because Chris has lost
his job after 24 years.  If folks could dig just a bit deeper, WMBR accepts
Paypal donations at www.wmbri.org.

Drool for Debbie and the Winchester houndage -- we're glad they're all safe,
but are sorry they lost their fence.  Hope homeowner's insurance covers it.
And drool for Ruthie's sister Jean -- I hope the nodules are just some kind
of funky infection and not the worst case.  I will keep her in my prayers.

And finally, the only happy news of the week.  Congratulations to Miss Lori
Lu for her new home and to Terry for being a foster failure.  Laura
(Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Rosebud, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))