[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's pique

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 17 08:44:17 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Life here is slowly getting back to normal after a few days of Miss Angela being in a real snit.  Since I passed on Rebecca's request to collect Miss Angela's doings into a book, the Diva has been unrelenting.  One evening, I received a late (11:30 pm) phone call from an old girlfriend.  She had been drinking and was extremely loquacious.  After listening (with appropriate "uh huh's " ) for an hour or so, I was pretty tired of hearing her complaints.  About that time, Angela hopped down off the couch, came over in front of my chair giving me a hard look, then went upstairs to the master bedroom.  When I did not extricate myself from the phone conversation, she came back downstairs, stood in front of me to make sure I was paying attention, and then went back upstairs.  It was clear that she thought it was bedtime.  Using that as an excuse, I got out of the conversation as politely as I could and went to bed.

Several times this last week, Angela has given me a wake-up call earlier than usual, urging me to get up and be productive.  I know that she has had trouble getting used to the change from daylight savings time, but she was baying reveille at various times from 2 am onward.  During the day she has been sitting at my feet while I was in the midst of some productive activity (such as daydreaming, napping, etc) and whining at me to get cracking.

I remain adamant that I will not sift through the archives to find past posts, assemble them and annotate them.  I did finally agree with Angela that I would offer to annotate the posts if someone else would go to the work of assembling them.  While we would retain the rights to the posts, we would be happy to see a book made of them and sold to benefit one of the rescues.  I don't know if anyone would buy them, but hey, give it a shot.  Just not me.  I am completely occupied by my dual strivings for Miss Angela and naps.

Bill (happy to have a break from the pressure)
Angela (I'm just catching my breath, not finished)