[Dailydrool] Boyfriends and pets

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:41:36 PST 2009

I grew up with dogs and knew that I would always want them in my life.  My parents had miniture poodles and a german shepard during the years I was dating.  once the eldest poodle peed on my dates' coat, he was a regular clothes horse, even had a Nehru jacket ( that probably really dates me).  If I had doubts of him being husband material they  bothered me no longer.  My future husband was met with poodles everywhere, a collie mix, and a good nature german shepherd.  He had a beagle. I was determined not to fall in love with anyone with an allergy, luckily he had out grown his animal allergies.  I left home with 2 poodles, we added 2 cats in Iowa City and moved all of us to St Louis, then Kirksville MO, finally back to the Il side of St Louis area, called Metro East. by the St Louis news stations.  We never left a pet behind  My son and his wife have 3 dogs and a cat, rescues all.  bkut my daughter  is geting married in May to a nice fellow but raised in a non-pet family.  They got a kitten last year and recently decided that he was not friendly enough to stangers (This is a CAT) (We have 3 cats at home right now, at least one she is responsible for bringing home)  They brought their cat to the Humane Shelter and got another kitten.  I was very upset and I am still having problems dealing with her over this.  I suppose I shall have to get over it as her wedding is in May,  They live is SD but she could have sent the cat to us  I had told her to get an adult cat as an adult cat has a fully formed personality, and can adjust to being alone alot  easier.    I know she was pressured somewhat.  She insists the shelter people told her they would not kill their kitty (which she has take thousands of pictues and said she loved so much), but shelters have to make hard decisions everyday and cats are easily infected with upper respitory diseases.  It is very important to choose your life mate carefully.  My daughter had no problem dumping her cat and replacing it with a fun kitten.  Unfortunately I have a BIG problem with that.  I now it is not a basset but is related to dumping boyfreinds.  Bassets smell like corn chips and I find the smell quite pleasant.  Sue KMomperson to Buttercup, Beau, Honey and the Clawed one, GW,stray who likes dogs, Jordy (Oh Mama can we keep the cute stray citty with felas and worms and neutering vet bills to come) and Loki the love cat, and Mickey the messy cockateil

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/