[Dailydrool] Boyfriend Had To Go

Kathy Agel kathy.agel at verizon.net
Wed Nov 18 03:07:13 PST 2009

>When I met my wife, she had a basset named Hooter. From the first,
>her attitude was "Love me, love my dog.". I've never doubted once
>doubted that. Fortunately, I've always liked dogs so that wasn't a
>problem. Hooter was full of Bassitude and quite an intro to
>bassets.  He would probably have been a candidate for OEBE, that's
>for sure!  We had "issues" mostly because I didn't understand the
>basset - slave dynamic.

Hey, Michael. My husband has the slave thing down pat. Out Basset
girls aren't as demanding as they could be (but when Molly wants a
cookie, she wants a cookie!) -- but those Jack Russells? He
hand-feeds our female -- she's Daddy's little shadow, and I swear,
it's like she's connected to him by a 6-inch cord.

>Incidents included finding him on the table one birthday,

Davey (our first Basset, ATB since 1998 and missed as if he left us
yesterday) loved tables. You'd walk into the dining room and there he
was, on the table looking out the window. He used to sleep on the
picnic table in the back yard -- with his butt hanging off the edge.
We had the Christmas tree on a table, to keep it out of harm's way
(funny -- we never had a problem with the dogs and the tree until
that particular sweetie entered our lives), but all we did was make
it easier for Himself to get to look out hte front window.

>with his face buried in my cake,

Emily has a bad habit of stealing the pizza crusts I save for our
parrots. We had three disappointed birds (one of whom was yelling
"Pizza! I want pizza!" as soon as the pie was delivered) last night,
because when I turned my back, she pulled the plate off the table.

For all the annoying things they do, it's so worth it -- the love
they give us is far greater.