[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 05:55:06 PST 2009

I just want to say that the Drool is such a joy to read.  since Gus's
gotcha day of October 1, i have read every word, every day and have learned and
laughed so much!
I am in the process of painting my kitchen cabinets and it's not easy with
this guy sniffing around, but i put him out in the yard, paint a section,
barricade the section, let him in, give him a treat, let him take a quick
nap  and start the process all over again.  before he came into my life, it
would have been done in an hour, now it will take 2 days, probably, but would
i  rather be painting up a storm listening to tv or painting at a snail's
pace  listening to him snore?  paws down, give me that snore!
when i read all the antics of these furbabies, i marvel at their
intelligence.  gus counter surfs, but never finds anything of  interest.  he hasn't
eaten or chewed anything that wasn't intended for him,  but boy, is he a
lover.  if i'm at the computer, he'll come up to give and  get hugs, then go
back to his nap.  unless, when he starts to walk away, he  realizes, "i need
another hug" and will come right back.  satisfied, he's  back to the nap.  at
night, watching tv, he'll wedge himself between me and  the back of the
couch, then turn himself around on his back and drape himself  across my chest
for belly rubs, with his head looking at me upside down.   and i think to
myself, he's brought more joy to me in the last 7 weeks then i've  had for the
last 7 years.
gus will be 4 in may and i pray i'm belly-rubbing for years and years to
come.
Susan, loving slave to gus