[Dailydrool] Barking Help

kelly Epley epilady1960 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 07:08:02 PST 2009

I went to court over a barking dog.  We were ordered to do mediation.  The mediator told the complainer they were not allowed to cpmplain unless the dogs barked continuosly for 20 minutesthis took care of the problem.  My neighbors need a guideline.  They would call whenever a dog would bark.

Keep animal  control informed of anything you do to mitigate the problem.  If your neighbors are being unreasonable, animal control will stop taking their complaints.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
Deborah Roberts wrote:

We have new neighbors who are apparently going to have
problems with the 50 or so dogs that live and bark on our street.  We had a
visit from animal control last night stating that there was a complaint about
our dogs barking “all day long”.    Clarabelle and Roscoe will bark
when they are playing or chasing a squirrel, but mostly they sleep and are
reasonably quiet.  Hubby and I both work all day; Clarabelle and Roscoe have a
doggie door so they can go in and out as they please.  We cannot leave them
cooped up in the house for 10-12 hours a day, so that is not an option.  Roscoe
tends to be more of a barker than Clarabelle and we will definitely need to do
some stop barking training.    We’ve already changed their routine so
that when we leave in the morning, they don’t go directly outside.  I don’t
know if these people may be intentionally annoying them. We’ve lived in
the neighborhood since 1996, have always had dogs and jobs, and have never had
any problems.  We get along with all of our neighbors, at least until these
folks moved in next door.  They are literally surrounded by people with
multiple dogs, so this should get very interesting pretty quickly.

I know lots of people on the drool have had to deal with
neighbors that don’t especially like dogs.  What’s the best
approach to dealing with these people?  Also, any good training tips would be
greatly appreciated.  If anyone has tricks for when their dogs are left alone
for long periods I would love to hear them.  We leave toys, food and water
available to them. They are not kept outside and can go inside whenever they
want to.  If they go out at night and start to bark, we’ve started
shining a light in their face.  That quiets them down and they come right back
inside.  We’ve managed to socialize them, train them not to dig,
housebreak them, sit for treats, shake, etc., so I’m confident we can
master this.  I just don’t want to end up in court and desperately need
advice.

As usual, Clarabelle and Roscoe send copious drool to all in
need.

Debbie

Owned by Clarabelle and Roscoe

Being Watched Over by Penelope, Stanley and Casey ATB