[Dailydrool] Help please : )

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Fri Nov 20 06:06:10 PST 2009

Hi,

I was hoping that I could hear some wisdom (I know how wonderful this group
is in all things basset : )) about senior dogs and sleeping.

I have three bassets all of whom are crate trained and sleep every night
without problems, in their crates. Emma, who is our senior and is 11 years
old, starts whimpering around 6 in the morning. I give her chrondrotin
tablets every day along with Celebrex for any pain she might have. During
the day she is just great; no crying, no whimpering-she eats well and sleeps
most of the day and is in a good mood to see folks.

I can tell she gets a bit confused during the day ("why am I in the hall
right now?") but does listen and remembers lots of the old routines.

What can I do to help her and me sleep better : )?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro
sue at pinksunrise.com