[Dailydrool] urinary infectin and incontinince

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:09:36 PST 2009

When Buttercup was a puppy and we had had her home for only about a month she developed a urinary infection.  She is a smooshy, low slung basset.  It occured, unfortunately during the midwestern ice storm we had a few years back.  We rushed to the vets at 8 am when they opened but the vet would not arrive until 9am so we went home and returned later.  The power was out in most residential areas including ours for around 5 days,  The vet 's office did not have power either but they managed to check her out and give us antibiotics.  Now Francie, our mixed mutt ATB developed incontinence at an early age.  We were given medication that helped but did not completely solve the problem.  We could not let her on the bed anymore.  She seemed to understand.  She also later developed Addison's disese but I doubt the two were related .  For a much mixed mutt she had a lot of health problems but was a bossy, cheerful girl.  Sue K