[Dailydrool] Dremel instruction website-Doberdawn

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Fri Nov 20 15:23:12 PST 2009

I may be late on this thread, but can heartily vouch for the MiniMite Dremel.  I've had one for over 10 years. It held up to the 7 sets of nails of the canine members of my late Variety Pack. Henry W. would lay on his back while I did nails.  He made it much easier!   .

Maestro was a bit afraid of the noise at first; he didn't like vacuums either. Spray cheese or peanut butter convinced him that the grinder doesn't eat Bassets. He's still not thrilled but I can do 'em without traumatizing either of us.  I don't think he's totally convinced yet, but he's tolerant when bribed.

I like the little cordless because I can have it in a chair with me or on the couch & surreptitiously slip in a nail session while he's sleepy.   I think it was under $25 at Walmart.  I have tried a Pedipaws. It is noisy, flimsy *&^!.   I sold it on Craigslist but would've about paid someone to take it.  It wouldn't even do soft pink & white little Cavalier nails without vibrating out of my hand.  I was not pleased.

Sorry if this is has been posted before, but here's a great website with detailed step by step instructions for how to do nails with a grinder.
http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html

Kathleen Jones
& Maestro (I need lots of cheese when she saws my toesies)
Fezziwig the Cavalier
(w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset ATB)