[Dailydrool] "breeder dog"

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:00:14 PST 2009

I am not sure what this means. The dog was from a shelter. Was she a former
puppy mill dog, or what? Surely the shelter wasn't breeding her. Did the dog
(bitch, actually) belong to a breeder who bred her once in awhile, or on
every cycle, so her hormones were in a constant state of uproar?
Experience makes me think she is protecting the other  dog in the run and
that they should be separated.
I do not think having her puppies removed would elicit this type of
response. If she is still intact she should be spayed and kept away from the
male until you know how she reacts to people.
Ideally, with children and aduts coming in and out of your home, I would
find her another place to live. I would not trust her.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper