[Dailydrool] Conrad had surgery

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Mon Nov 23 19:05:50 PST 2009

The doc did a myelogram this morning and followed right away with surgery.  Conrad came through the surgery great.  His disc bulge was at the T13/L1.  Doc said it was a type 2 disc bulge which means recovery will be slow as the bulge gradually grows, where the type 1 bursts.  He was hoping for a type one acute.  He might have been talking Latin, because I don't know what any of this means.  He cut out the bulging disc and did a laminectomy over the top.  They thought he'd be in the hospital until the weekend, but it would all depend on when he can go to the bathroom by himself and walk.  He said the bulge was bad and a long time growing so steroids might only be a temporary fix.  I didn't want to take a chance so I let him go ahead with the surgery.   Ann