[Dailydrool] Rosie and the banana peel

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:31:55 PST 2009

So this afternoon I was in the kitchen preparing banana cream pie for the Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow.  I like to include some whole banana slices in my pie, so I was slicing bananas (slipping bits to the dogs all the while, of course) and setting the peels to the side on the countertop.  I turned to get into the refrigerator for the Cool Whip, and by the time I turned back around, Rosie had a banana peel stuck in her throat!  She was making a "hmrp" kind of noise and was trying to throw up but nothing was happening.  Obviously, she had used her agility training to her advantage and managed to get a banana peel off the countertop.  I had to *pry* her mouth open as she did not want to relinquish the peel even though it was CUTTING OFF HER AIRFLOW, and retrieve the peel from her throat.  I had to literally *yank* that joker out of her throat!  It was truly stuck and it took all my strength to get it out.  Then, once it was out, Rosie tried to wrestle me for it.  Evidently she either has a short memory or does not care that it tried to suffocate her.  I'm totally worn out, but grateful that Rosie didn't get hurt.

This brings back memories of the Christmas where Rosie pulled all the sheets of waxed paper (with homemade candy drying on them) off the counter and shared with all of her brothers and sisters on the kitchen floor.

Now I remember why I don't bake very often, LOL.

Anita
Rosie the agile basset (wasn't it great that I climbed on the countertop?)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/