[Dailydrool] Basset weights

Stanton Rebecca (RQ8) Mid Essex Hospital Rebecca.Stanton at meht.nhs.uk
Wed Nov 25 23:39:25 PST 2009

I have to chime in on this.  Our first basset Pumbaa was a lean bean - we actually never weighed him in the just over 18 months we had him - but I would guess he was around 55 lbs.  Maybe 60, I am not sure.  I could pick him up anyway, even though it was like carrying a sack of spuds and I nearly broke my back on the occasions that he did flat basset and, needing to get him home quickly for whatever reason, I staggered down the road carrying basset with determined but woebegone expression ;-)
Morse, however, is definitely a different type.  His paws are massive, his chest is huge.  He weighs in at around 79\80 lbs, and although I am trying to get him to lose still (on low fat meat and green  beans, and has been on this for about 18 months) his weight appears to have plateaued and realistically I don't think he will ever get much below 75 lbs.  He is still one of the largest bassets I have ever seen.  The vet saw him a few weeks ago and said that although he could possibly still lose another 5 or so lbs, said that he is a huge basset and just massively boned.
They are all such different shapes and sizes.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB

Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust Caring for you, Caring about you.

Information in this message  may contain  confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose,  copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any  action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray  before  deleting it.

Content of emails received by this Trust will be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your co-operation.