[Dailydrool] Back Problems...Help and Drool Needed

Valerdoos at aol.com Valerdoos at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 18:01:42 PST 2009

Our Sarah Jane had to have back surgery in June. She had some of the same
problems that the Stink is showing. She walked a bit drunken and then
started to  fall to the left hind quarter/ We would brace her up with our leg
against her  back leg. . She also did not seem to vocalize pain . Our vet sent
to   a surgeon.
An mri showed the ruptured disc .Part of her spinal  cord was so
compressed that the vet was amazed she could walk.She then had surgery .Sarah  Jane
is 10 yrs old and did very well after the surgery/ She can walk
and seems pain free.
I believe there are other bassets who have had other treatments for   disc
disease.
We tried to keep Sarah from jumping and having run of the house when we
weren't home while we waited for her surgery. It was about a week between our
vet appointment and the day of surgery
We sending drool and hope your vet has some answers for you.

Valerie & Sarah Jane