[Dailydrool] Possible new addition

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 15:54:13 PST 2009

First off, continuing to send drool to all in need - including poor Mr. Cooper's feet!

I was at the Massena Humane Society today - they have a little male Basset that came in as a stray. He's young, active and a cutie. I put in application that was approved and he will be neutered on Tues. They don't "hold" dogs, but if anyone else applies it will be compared to my application and he will go to the "best" home. I really doubt anyone will come in between now and Fri when I can get him (I leave tomorrow for NH for a few days). I can't leave him there and worry that someone will take him and try to make him a hunting dog, leaving him outside. That is often done here, even in subzero temps, as house dogs are "soft". He's a skinny little guy and needs some groceries, but otherwise a live wire! He should give Peaches a run for her money! Now I just need to give him a name - the shelter named him Marmaduke 5 days ago...that won't stick. One way or another, this little guy will have a home for Christmas.

And the good news is after the last house fell through because of psycho tenants, I have a contract on another house and we may even close by the end of Dec. By mid-Jan for sure! So we can get moved soon and really settle into life here. This house is much less expensive as well so will help me get back on my feet, and pay the mortgage on the NH house I still own, and we can be warm and comfortable all winter.

Thanks to all who were cheering and drooling for us - it worked! We need some work on the deck and stairs to make it a little more hound friendly but nothing that can't be easily done. Things are finally looking up!

Drool and snooters all around,

Synthia, so many bellies to rub so little time,

Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Peaches, Pearl, and ?? maybe arriving on Friday

Ace (I met the little bugger - geez, another one of them...) & Kirby