[Dailydrool] 17 Puppy Mill Bassets Arrive in NY!

ABC Basset Hound Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Sun Nov 29 10:51:43 PST 2009

After weeks of planning and working with Hounds Haven Basset Rescue, 17 beautiful bassets arrived safely in Rochester, NY last night at midnight! We had a webcam set up at the boarding kennel so basset lovers across the world could watch as the 17 were unloaded from the van to get a better life here in NY. These dogs ranged from 5 months to 5 years. They are all small like peanuts and so gorgeous!

Originally, 19 were to come on this trip, but one is receiving heartworm treatment in MO and the other, the only male at the one puppy mill, Ricky, passed away after being neutered. However, Ricky did make it to NY with his friends. He was cremated and his ashes went along on the van. He was not going to be left behind.

For more pictures and to read their updates, check out our blog at:
http://nybasset.blogspot.com/

here are more pictures and some video:
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u135/lovebassetcrap/Puppy%20Mill%20Nov%2028/

Next Saturday, ABC will be hosting an adoption fair at Boom Towne Canine Center where 13 pre-approved families will come and meet their new family members!

ABC will be receiving 15 more bassets in another 10 days to 2 weeks with the help of Ozark Mountain BHR.

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org