[Dailydrool] shatterproof ornaments, plastic hangers Re: Christmas Tree Decorations

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Mon Nov 30 11:56:58 PST 2009

>.... I don't want her to get hurt with a hook in her mouth and I do have
>some soft ornaments I can >put lower but not sure how to hang them.
>Any/all advice would be appreciated.

Look for little plastic hangars at Walmart, Target & most places. They're a
green loop thingie & come in packs of 50-100 for just a couple of bucks.
They also don't tangle like the dratted wire ones.

I love to decorate & used to be our church's floral committee. I can get
carried away decorating.  When we still had our Variety Pack of 1 Newfie
mix, Maltese, 2 terriers, GSD, Spaniel, Basset & NINE cats all in the house,
I had to get creative!   Garlands up high work really well & can be
decorated just like a tree with lights & ornaments.  Fragile or expensive
ornaments, I put on the garlands or mantle away from tails.

 I've done a tree with dried flowers & raffia, one with ribbon bows & silk
flowers (wanna be Victorian but could go modern too). One tree had little
stuffed animals (my doggie collection); that one wouldn't work if your dog
likes stuffies.

Shatterproof ornaments that look pretty much like glass ones are easy to
find now.  My Variety Pack is long at the Bridge, but I still have Maestro,
a spaniel, a little hyper-active Mini Aussie & 2 cats to contend with
tree-wise.   Shatterproof is my friend!

Then there was the year we wove ribbon through an x-pen around the tree.
Looked festive,  but they still found a way to the packages.   It was about
that time that I started piling packages on a table, not under the tree.  My
vet just tells family not to wrap anything that their Boston can't open.
(She loves tearing up packages!)

However, Thanksgiving decorating still needs work. Maestro once ate an apple
out of the Horn of Plenty, never mind that it was fake!   Everything came
through in the end, so to speak, but I haven't done a table arrangement
since.

Happy Howlidays!

Kathleen Jones & Maestro (It was extra crunchy!)
Fezziwig the Cavalier
(w/Henry Wadsworth, Bentley Basset & the Variety Pack, ATB)