[Dailydrool] embarrassed...I mean "enlightened" by my basset boy!!

ali-d-black ali808 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 13:58:08 PST 2009

Hi fellow droolers;

Recently I read a few comments on bassets that don't (seem not to) drool much. I wanted to relate this experience to anyone with such a claim.....

Soon after adopting my first basset I was doing some "proud mamma bragging" to a non-basset but furkid loving friend of mine. She was pressing me about the notorious habit bassets have of excessive drooling, not having much slave training behind me I emphatically denied such tales..."not MY Cody". She then invited me to bring this remarkable non drooling basset to her office, her brother it seems had two bassets and just couldn't wait to meet my Cody. We waited in the pristine marble and mirror lobby, it was a small family run business, BUT very nicely appointed. It took her a while to return with her brother and in the mean time my sweet hunk of a man decided to kick in his drool gene. When they returned to greet us Cody really let lose with a big head shake and enough drool to cover the lobby and humans too. He also seemed to have cause to immediately shed about three pounds of hair with that deadly shake. Hair and drool plastered everywhere. Imagine that. I was forever humbled. Since that time I am much more informed, thankfully by the wonderful people on the daily drool, and by my second hound who seems to carry all the traits that "wild child bassets" possess.
Never say never,
Ali with Cody and Elliot
Drool to all in need!