[Dailydrool] Josie ATB 11/27/09

Carolsd21 carolsd21 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 22:52:07 PST 2009

I finally was able to write a remembrance for Cleo, as I was paying tribute to my old sassy girl.  Cinnamon left for the bridge so while I was remembering my 3 years with Cin to write up an ATB for her.  My 14 1/2 yr old Josie left for the bridge last Friday Nov 27.   She had just came to me and pawed me to lift her up on the couch , which was an all day and night ritual with her, off the couch, on the couch, I was well trained. I heard her trying to throw up and noticed foam around her mouth, I didn't think anything of it until she tried to throw up again, I looked down and saw she was bloating I was shocked  and my heart dropped. She had been dx with CHF after the Acton fires last September, the smoke aggrevated it as well as a #5 heart murmer. I knew her time was limited with me at this point, as even with meds, she would have trouble every so often., but I never thought I would lose her to bloat. I rushed her to the hospital knowing I was
 not going to put her through any surgery,  as they had her in the back to put a catheter in her she left this earth with stangers, not her mom holding her. The Vet had come in to tell me she has stopped breathing, but her heart is still beating, I expressed to her that I want to hold her now before her heart completely stops I need her to know Mom is here while she makes her final transition, I waited, Josie was not brought to me until her heart had completely stopped, I don't think the Vet truely grasps  what she took away from Josie and I making this decision ... Since knowing we had a short time left, we had a lot of Mom and Josie time, much to the dislike of the other dogs in the house,  I took her with me to the Basset Hound picnic in Oct, knowing it would be her last year with me. She was my velcro dog. She trusted only me. I didn't know her history as it started as a plea from the dailydrool by Belinda King for a foster home in 2004
 when she just turned 9 yrs. Through an animal communicator I learned her life before me was chaotic and she said living with me was like music and she was able to relax. There is no more pawing me to lift her up on the couch, she is notfollowing me as I go through the house or the yard, always needing to know where Mom was. She isn't laying beside me where ever I'm sitting. It is empty. The full routine with Josie is gone. Josie I nicked named the General because for Josie it was all about Josie.   Even with more dogs in the house, the house is very still and empty without my extension. I know you are no longer in pain, but this dosen't ease my pain.  I still can't grasp that you are gone, it was so unexpected. I will always remember you as the  little girl that blossomed from a scared and unsocialized basset  when I first picked you up from your fourth home, I promised you then that I would be your last home.

http://community.webshots.com/user/carolsd21
facebook.com/ownedbybassets.

Carol and her hounds
Specializing in Senior Hounds. They are my heart and soul.
Senior Bassets are the best Adopt one It will add wonderful and special moments to your life. Not to mention giving them as many loving last days or years they have.

Megan 15 GD 8/07, Cleo 15 GD 8/07 ATB 12/12/08, Josie 14 GD 10/04 ATB 11/27/09, Cinnamon 14 GD 8/07(Beagle) ATB 11/7/09, Kai 12 GD 2/07 ATB 8/16/08, Kami 10 GD 1/07, Baxter 10 GD 7/01

Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in it's beauty-----Albert Einstein