[Dailydrool] Adopting tomorrow...!

Laurie Zak ljza68tig at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:37:12 PST 2009

Haven't been on here for awhile...we lost our beloved 9 and a half year old girl Masami suddenly in mid-August, and it was so emotionally devastating for us & her lifelong Basset buddy Max...we have held on even tighter to the precious boy he has always been to us, and helped one another heal through our strong bond & shared love for her, and all of the silly, wonderful, happy, special memories and immense joy she brought into our lives for those years we were lucky enough to have her own us!

Our Max is a quiet, placid, happy-go-lucky boy, but we could tell that he was uncertain in his new role as an only dog, without his "alpha" female by his side, running the show! We showered him with so much love and attention after losing her that we joked he was probably feeling a bt smothered! After enduring these past 14 weeks without her big sweet presence in our life, we have decided that we are ready, and willing (and actually LONG!) to open our hearts and home to another needy Basset Hound... maybe even TWO! So bright & early tomorrow morning, we will head out on the long drive (4-5 hours one way) over the mountains to the other side of Washington state (we live near Seattle) to the Washington Area Basset Rescue in Spokane, to see which of the 13 darling hounds there might want to come to live in their forever home with us! We are so excited, nervous, anxious and praying that, as happened with both Masami & Max, the right dog(s) will find their way into our lives, and bring us as much joy, love & laughter as those two have...so please send us some blessing drool, that our journey will be safe and our hounds will choose us and our Max will again be slobbering, snoring & smiling alongside another friend (or two)! Thanks for your thoughts, we'll keep you posted!

Basset mom Laurie, daddy Jeff

& Maxie-boo, the best boy in the world!