[Dailydrool] vomiting

Tiffany Pincombe tiffany at ottoplace.com
Mon Oct 19 12:39:51 PDT 2009

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've been a member of the Drool, but I finally
have free time again to read all the posts and we really need some
help. We have 2 bassets, Otto and Alice.

We adopted a rescue basset (or bagle), this past May and we had some
issues at first with housetraining, but that is finally taken care of.
A few times since May, Alice has had some issues with her stomach
where she wants to lick the floor, grass, eat plants, anything
possible and her stomach swells up and then she vomits and/or poops
and feels fine. This was only happening about once a month, and her
foster mom said she had done it there, as well as another of her
bassets, so we didn't worry too much. However, she's done it at least
once a week for the past few weeks and we're getting more and more
concerned. We haven't changed anything with her food (Eagle Pack
adult). There have been no new treats added in the last 2 months. I
actually stopped giving her anything like a rawhide since she had an
episode of vomiting after having one. She had previously been fine
with rawhides the previous 2 months.

She seems to have a need to drink excessively, but we stop her from
drinking too long. There seems to be no special circumstance why
sometimes she gets the need to lick everything and vomit. Feeding
times are usually 7AM and 7PM and an occasional treat in the middle of
the day. Otto never has any problem with this feeding schedule. I
really don't know what to do to make sure this doesn't keep happening,
but we're very concerned about bloat for one, and just some sort of
stomach complication (cancer, etc) if she constantly has stomach
upset.

Thank you for any help!

Tiffany and Frank