[Dailydrool] Stuff

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:01:55 PDT 2009

We are sorry about the ones who have left for the bridge.  There is never enough time no matter how long it is.  The girls are sending soft snooters and drool to any who are in need.

Today the stinkers have been at it.  The DH is out of town so I get to get up with the chickens to feed the bassets and the rotten kitty boys who start walking on me when they wake up or banging the blinds.  We went downstairs and  Ninja made a quick stop off at the litter box before I could say anything.  Then she happily went to the kitchen and waited for her breakfast to appear.

I fixed breakfast for the two legger boys before school and then went to get ready to take one of them.  When I came back downstairs, a bagel was missing.  I gave Maggie the evil eye and fixed another one so son #2 could eat before leaving.   I also got out a sandwich for him to take.  As I told him that Mags ate his bagel and there was another one, he told me he ate it.  Bad mommy.  Hauled son #2 20 miles to school and got home to hungry looking bassets.  Feeling bad about the bagel scolding, I gave them each a piece of son #3's bagel that he took two bites of.

Ninja wasn't sure what it was and set it on the floor.  Maggie decided it was hers and all hell broke loose.  They rarely fight but when they do, look out.  I got them separated and then saw the paper from the sandwich that son #2 forgot to take.  Someone had eaten all but two lettuce leaves.  MAGGIE!  I don't know if she was the culprit but she is the longest and biggest.  I was not amused.  I kicked three girls out and a cat on accident who proceeded to gobble something from a pot before I got him back in.

 I also realized that Marley wasn't around but since she likes to sleep under things, I figured she had fallen asleep under the bed and was happy to stay out of the way.  When I still couldn't find her, I began to look.  First place to look is under my bed where she loves to growl at the world unseen.  No Marley.  Ninja had followed me up the stairs so I said to her, "Where's Marley?"  She went right to son #2's door and tried to push it open.  It locks so I had to work at it to get it open and when I did there was Marley, with a why did you lock me in here all day look.  She ran downstairs and was happy to be free.  She didn't make a mess either.

We have a 4 year old, a 5 year old and a 7 year old bassets along with Shelbs who is really old.  She has been here since the end of December and has never looked back.  She is so happy to sleep, snack, bark and even run a little when the spirit moves her.  She doesn't fight but will bellow back if someone bugs her.  She lives for belly rubs.  Whenever anyone walks within 2 feet of her she is on her back.  It is such a funny sight seeing those very short little legs up in the air with her rather well fed belly open for rubs.  what a trusting soul she is.  Shelby is a marvelous old girl and would make anyone happy to have one her age.

Drool and snooters,

Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby with the kitty boys and mom

Right now they are all snoring in here.  Such a peaceful sound.  Even if Marley snores like a freight train.