[Dailydrool] Oct. 1, 2009

Audrey Kaake ernietsmom at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 07:42:07 PDT 2009

Today would have been my Ernie's 15th birthday.  Sadly and lovingly, I helped him to the bridge April 29, 2009.

I still miss him everyday and hope that they are having one heck of a party for him at the bridge.

With alot of 'encouragement' from my friends on the drool and with Janis's help in Lake Havasu City,  I adopted Brandon on Sept. 11th.  Janis pulled him from the Humane Society in AZ and drove him to Bakersfield, CA.  I met them all there and brought Brandon home.  He is a very sweet, red & white, 7 year old boy who was surrendered by his family.  They were moving and couldn't take him.  I honestly don't know how anyone could have given him up!  Brandon has settled in wonderfully and is starting to show his personality... which can definitely be pure basset stubborn...  He's being treated for kennel cough, but I have no trouble getting meds in him... haven't tried giving him a pawidcure yet...  maybe this weekend.  wish me luck!  LOL

prayers and drool to all in need.

hugs,

Audrey, Brandon, & Ernie atb but forever in my heart.