[Dailydrool] UFBH's Abby Having Back Surgery Today

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu Oct 1 14:01:00 PDT 2009

Dear Droolers:
Utah Friends of Basset Hounds took in a rescue from Idaho who is just under 3 years old . Sweet little Abby came to us with foxtails deeply embedded that had to be cut out. She's no doubt had a few litters of puppies from the way her belly drags on the ground. She is scheduled to have back surgery today even if she is not quite over  kennel cough and  a touch of pneumonia. She has TWO areas in her back that need to be repaired and the surgeon felt it was getting worse and had to be done. She has touched every one of the volunteers who have met her. Abby is just so sweet and loving and we all feel she should have a chance for a happy, pain free life--something she's never known.. It was an expensive decision, with the surgery having an estimated cost of $4,000. We have a Firstgiving page where you can donate (any amount will help us) and get updates on her progress.  While any donations would be appreciated, we really need the power of drool on this one. We are asking for your thoughts and prayers today and any extra drool anyone can possibly spare.
http://www.firstgiving.com/backsurgeryforabby
Marilyn Briggs