[Dailydrool] Slater & the cone drama...

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:07:01 PDT 2009

First of all, the boys are sending drool to all those in need!

Slater is starting to heal up nicely, I think! Haven't seen his mouth
bleeding since tuesday morning, so I think that the extractions are starting
to heal well too.

As for the cone drama, I went out & got one of those inflatable collars, but
there is a problem with them... The stitches are right above his eye, on top
of his head, so with his head free, he could rub it against the couch, etc.
Needless to say I'm glad I realized this before I went back & exchanged it
for the right size. But, I did find a "comfy cone" by All Four Paws which is
a softer cone; it's still hard enough to hold its shape, but it's actually
foam based, with a reflective edge, and covered in vinyl. He's MUCH happier
with this! Unfortunately, it's black, so he still has no peripheral vision,
but it's definitely a step up from the big lampshade one! He even climbed
onto the dog bed to sleep last night, which is much better than his pacing &
flopping on the floor from a few days ago! Highly recommend these! I guess
that the company has also started to make a tan version, so it's not so dark
(I guess a lot of dogs were freaking out w/no peripheral vision), but no
where locally carried those.

Hopefully he'll continue to heal up well. The vet said 14 days before we
take out the stitches, Joey's was only 10 days, and that seems average, so
I'm not sure why they want him to wait the extra 4 days, but we'll see how
things go when we get closer to that point!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Slater, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473