[Dailydrool] Hot spots and other boo-boos

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 1 18:11:56 PDT 2009

Thought I'd chime in here - for cuts, scrapes and various boo-boos, we use
CORONA OINTMENT.  I don't remember now who told me about it, but we've been
using it for years on all the pets, and it works great.  You buy it at a
feed store, it's an ointment that was originally formulated for use on cows
and horses, so it's in a lanolin base that is so sticky you can't believe it
- which means the little stinkers can't lick it off.  The active ingredient
is Oxyquinoline 0.11%.  I looked it up and this is what I found -- An
antiseptic with mild fungistatic, bacteriostatic, anthelmintic, and
amebicidal action. It is also used as a reagent and metal chelator, as a
carrier for radio-indium for diagnostic purposes, and its halogenated
derivatives are used in addition as topical anti-infective agents and oral
antiamebics.   Now I have no clue what all of this means, but this stuff
works.  I took a picture of the tube (it also comes in a tub), the link is
http://tinyurl.com/yd45u74

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net