[Dailydrool] Split Cut on Basset Ear

Erin York moytes9 at aol.com
Thu Oct 1 17:39:33 PDT 2009

Any suggestions on what to do if my bassets ear has a split on the edge of
it.  We think our 6 month old basset puppy bit him and the split appears to
be getting bigger rather than smaller.  We would also like any suggestions
on acclimating the two of them to each other.  The three year old is
starting to get frustrated/tired of the 6 month old.  Instead of playing
they continue to fight and it is growing more and more violent.  We think
that it has to do with the two still trying to figure out who is going to be
the alpha of the two of them, but we are worried that they will hurt each
other soon or get to the point where they are no longer friends.  Please
help!

Erin York