[Dailydrool] Quincy - Lymphosarcoma

Marilyn Deucher mjdeucher at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 07:24:27 PDT 2009

My heart aches for you -- Having gone through this experience twice, I can only say, consider all options, including alternatives to chemo.  I did it ten years ago with our first basset, who was eight years old, and seven years later with a five year old.  Both times the oncologist was optimistic, but we had the same results:  4- 6 months of remission followed by a downhill progression.  I also found that in seven years, nothing in the treatment had changed, except for trying some people drugs.  I don't think I would do it again.  My older dog didn't get sick from the treatments; the younger one did.  I did buy time, but was it quality time -- I'm not sure.  I do know there were others at the clinic we were at that had better results, so I suppose each case is different.  I do know that once the dog is out of remission, the next protocols they try are stronger and harder on the hounds.  If I were to do it again, that's where I would draw the
 line.  Best of luck to you and Quincy.

Marilyn