[Dailydrool] annie's spots

Michelle Pincus mmaldow at optonline.net
Sat Oct 3 13:45:46 PDT 2009

Thanks Grandma Nancy for loving me so much to post about my sore spots!  Mommy is checking the drool now too so if anyone has some ideas please help Annie!  To add to Nancy's post, the sores have gotten worse over the years and used to seem seasonal.  We have changed her food before and now again to Hills Allergy (as per the vet), no cookies, just carrots and apples (poor Annie is starving without her table stealings). She was recently tested positive for hypothyrodism and began medicine about a month ago.  The doctor said we have to wait until it runs its course in her body, but the sores are getting worse (she got some on her tail and one on her long floppy ear this morning).   Even with the benadryl she wakes in the middle of the night itching and really thristy (and you know that annoying chlop chlop tongue noise they make).  Annie also often gets yeast infections in her privates and underarms, so we are now treating for that too.  She licks herself like crazy.  I put topical stuff on her to relieve that, which seems to give some relief.  It is sad looking to have to cone a basset. We are trying to avoid that.  Should we just go for the allergy testing?  We feel bad for her and I am getting frustrated giving her all this medicine because she so does not like it!
Please give us some advice! mmaldow at optonline.net
Thanks, Annie's Mom Michelle