[Dailydrool] RAT update 2

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 3 14:39:11 PDT 2009

This morning - Gracie woke the entire house by bellowing for the office door
to be opened so she could go out to peeeeeeee at 3:30 AM.   Patty the crazy
cat was closed in office with Mr. Rat, when I opened the door it woke her up
and she ran over to the file cabinets and pretended to be on rat patrol.  My
other killer cats were too comfortable sleeping to get up.  Left the office
door open and the pet door propped open and went to bed.  Early AM the DH
called and pretended to be sympathetic, but he kept giggling, and said buy a
rat trap.  I said the problem is when it gets killed, big nasty mess.  He
says if he's in town he'll take care of the mess, if he's out of town I
should just find the non-blood-covered end of the trap and pick it up and
put in the trash.  Giggle, giggle.  Thanks a lot, buddy, so I hang up and go
back to bed.  Anna (recent senior girl rescue) wakes up and starts to barf
in the bedroom, gagging, but never actually does barf.  Or so I thought.  We
all go back to sleep and wake up in about an hour.  I put foot on floor and
land right in a small spot of cold, slimy barf - great.  Go into my bathroom
to get some toilet paper to clean up barf.  As I grab T.P., rat shoots out
from behind toilet, runs across bathroom into the hall, then into middle
bedroom.  Gracie and Anna are in the bathroom with me, watching the rat.
Anna kind of follows, Gracie gets a drink, Holly the Dolly stays on the bed.
Middle and end bedroom are connected with a Jack-and-Jill bathroom, so I
close both bedroom doors.  Run away from home and go have lunch with my
friend, Cindy.  Thought about not coming home but someone has to feed the
critters, so now I'm back.  Don't know where Mr. Rat is.  Plus, there's a
problem.  Mr. Rat doesn't look like a field rat, he looks like someone's pet
rat that escaped, and I don't think I can kill him.  May call him Virgil.
The saga continues.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net