[Dailydrool] Annie's itchy spots

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:14:00 PDT 2009

This is just my personal opinion- Stop the Hills food. In my humble mind that is crap food. Haven't looked at a bag in a long time- but used to be corn was the main ingredient. Go get Taste of the WIld, or EVO or BG- all grain free, quality kibbles- and my guess is no more costly than what you are paying for the Hills. I would not even do a slow switch- just start feeding her the new stuff. As for shampooing- try a couple of baths using Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo. It is very gentle and I have yet to hear of a hound that got the itchies from it. Also rinses out very easily.

Make sure that any snacks are either veggies ( baby carrots) or grain free treats. If indeed she has an allergy it is likely to a grain and you should see improvement quite quickly.

I would also cut back on all the meds- except for the pred- use it as prescribed until you finish it. Or consult your vet if you want to stop it- how to go about it. You may also want to look at items you are using for her care- are her dishes glass or metal? Sometimes plastic ones can cause problems. Wash all her bedding and give it an extra rinse- skip the softener until her problems are cleared up. Does the lawn get sprayed for bugs? Just a few throughts.

droolies, Angelika