[Dailydrool] I've created two monsters...

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 14:25:05 PDT 2009

I have a problem that is totally my fault.? Fred and Annie think that whenever I'm home during the day, I should be taking them for walks every 30 minutes or so.? During the week I work from about noon-8 pm most days.? On those days, we have a pretty good routine for walks, and it's easier now that it's dark when I get home...they don't expect to walk for as long or as often when it's dark.? The problem is days when I'm off or, like today, I come home early (today it's because I'm sick, so walking them non-stop is the last thing I want to do.)? It sometimes gets to the point where I want to leave the house so that they'll leave me alone.? If I'm sitting on the couch, they'll sit on either side of me and play fight ACROSS me.? Other times, Annie sits right next to me, staring at me and whining.? Fred sits ON TOP of me, or keeps nudging my hand, or puts his face right near mine and stares at me.? I live in a townhouse, so going into another room isn't really an option.? I could go upstairs to my bedroom, but there's no TV up there, and I don't really want to spend the whole day in my bedroom!

I know that I am to blame for this, because I end up getting so tired of the pestering that I just give in.? Other than simply ignoring them, is there anything I should be doing?

Rose, Annie and Fred (we drive mommy crazy, but then we get what we want...we're really smart!!)