[Dailydrool] IT'S A RAT

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 2 22:27:25 PDT 2009

I'm sitting in my office this evening, trying to work (I work from home, and
get most of my stuff done late in the evening).  My desk sits in front of a
huge window looking out over the backyard, and at the side are two 2-drawer
filing cabinets that extend into the corner of the room, with printers and
etcetera on them.  So I'm working, and Patty the crazy cat comes in and hops
up on the corner of the desk and peers down into the printers.  Rut-Roh.
Crazy cat leaves and I keep working.  Then I hear something shift in the
corner.  Hmmm, that's odd.  So now I'm working and watching out of the
corner of my eye, and I see movement.  Rut-Roh again, now I'm really
watching.  Up onto one of the printers pops a mouse, and it sits there and
looks at me, then disappears back behind the printer.  Three Basset Hounds
in the office with me.  Do they pay any attention?  Nope.  DH out at the
ranch.  Call him and he laughs at me, says good luck.  Note to self - buy
itching powder at a joke shop and put in his underwear drawer.  So I'm
sitting here trying to work, and every few minutes up pops the mouse.
Decide to carefully move some items out of the corner so cats can get to him
without breaking everything -- and in a minute he pops up again.  Not a
mouse.  A medium sized brown Rat.  And my feet are on the floor.  Rut-Roh
Big Time.  One of the older cats comes in, I pick him up and hold him and
we're all very quiet and up pops the rat again.  Wolfie the cat sees the
rat, and he decides he needs to investigate more.  Rat goes down into corner
again and hasn't popped back up.  Yet.  Wolfie goes to kitchen for snack.
Pinning my hopes on Wolfie and his brother, Peeper, they were feral kittens
that we rescued and tamed years ago, and they are fierce hunters - but
they're getting old and lazy now.  Dogs useless, they're all asleep and
couldn't care less.  My protectors, hah.  Patty the crazy cat is watching
and sleeping - I guarantee she's the one who caught him, brought him in the
house and then let him go, she does this all the time with lizards and bugs.
Wanted you all to know in case I have heart attack and die when the rat runs
across my feet.  Gotta go now.   Don't know if drool will help, prayers will
be accepted.  And you'd better not be laughing!!  JUST HEARD MORE NOISE!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net