[Dailydrool] "they're so cute"

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:53:37 PDT 2009

I had a new CNA come to the house this week. The moment she saw Boomer and
Arnie, she said "They're so cute!!"

I told her in a firm and steady voice "That's what keeps the boys alive!"

She looked me me kind ofr funny. I could tell she didn't have a clue that
"CUTE" also means garbage can tipping, counter surfing,  stubborn, chewing,
drooling, bed-hogging, tripping, DEMANDING, ...this list could go on
forever, I suppose.....

Now, don't get me wrong, you know that I love Boomer and Arnie. Well, maybe
I just tolerate Arnold.cute, furry little turd. He's Cathy's dog, not mine,
Or maybe Arnie just tolerates me. You know what I mean. And Babe-well
everyone knows that she is Daddy's girl.

Yesterday, the Daily Drool Calendar picture was of Buster and Daisy Ireland.
The caption below was "how do you let sleeping dogs lay when the dogs that
are sleeping are this cute?"

Now, I must admit that the first thought that went through my mind was that
every now and again, I get the urge to wake up the boys by just shaking them
a little bit. I get the urge to irritate them just a little bit, you know,
the way that they irritate me most days.

I never would do that, nor would any of us. But every now and again, when
they are pushing way too much luck, the thought goes through my mind.....and
then I remember that I love them, and how good they are for me.until the
next basset moment that is....
Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Caspaw Cwew!

In Drool,

Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase)
Facebook: facebook.com/shannon.r.gerdel
MySpace.com/shannongerdel

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive