[Dailydrool] Poor little thing is definitely a Gerbil

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 3 21:52:52 PDT 2009

It's about 11:30 PM, I'm working in the office, just heard some odd thumping
and clunking in the bedroom closet that shares a wall with this room, and
here he came running, with a cat not far behind.  Got a good look at
him/her, it's a gerbil, they have a long tail like a rat but it's not a
naked tail, a gerbil tail is covered with hair that matches the body.
Almost caught it in a box but it jumped out and ran into the kitchen.  It's
either in the dining room or under the refrigerator, pretty sure it's
under/behind the fridge.  Scared the dickens out of the dogs, and I'd never
have believed it, but Holly the Dolly is the one who is looking for it under
all the furniture and behind plants, etc.  Gracie is scared and retreated to
the bedroom and Anna lifted her head, looked, and went back to sleep.  Poor
little thing must be scared to death in this house of evil kitties.  Hope I
can catch it before the cats do, it's someone's pet that got loose.  No
wonder it didn't go out the pet door last night, the great outdoors must be
pretty scary to a little animal that's never been outside before.  Will let
you know when I catch it.  Must canvas the neighbors to see who lost a
gerbil, surely it hasn't traveled far from home.  Brudder Elwood and Nigel,
be ready to come help!!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net