[Dailydrool] New house

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 06:41:13 PDT 2009

First of all, Drool to all who need it! Elder Clara, hang in there! The Doc will get you fixed up.

I drove up and back to Malone, NY yesterday to see the house, sign the lease, etc. Boy, are they crazy to rent this house to us! It's gorgeous! Lovely wood around the doors, walnut railing around steps to basement, trey ceiling in master bedroom....still waiting for the appliances later this week and the plumber was putting in the sinks, shower enclosure, and a few other finishing touches. They were also putting up the weather stripping around the garage doors to insulate the heated garage. The garage floor is painted, with a large drain, and a hose bib right in the garage itself! Covered porches front and back. I set the flags out to mark the fence line and purchased 12.5 gauge welded wire fencing and metal stakes for a temporary fence to get us through the winter. I marked an area 50'x125', so that should be plenty for everyone to get out and about. I need to call the handyman to see if he can put in the posts and string the wire for me. I can reinforce things if needed when I get there, but if the general structure is up, then at least the houndage can get outside with supervision. It's a level ground, so no big valleys where they can duck under.

Still packing and getting things ready to go. I'd hoped to get up there by the 16th, but think it will be into the next week before I get things done here and can go. That means I'll probably start the new job 10/26. I really want to get started, but at 5 1/2hrs each way, I can't run back here except for weekends when I have time off. But we are safe and happy and will be moved in a couple of weeks to start our new life up North.

I'm not on line too much, with all the packing and painting, but we are thinking of everyone and sending drool when needed!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches (From NEBHR as of 10/10)
Ace, Kirby - both therapy dogs ready to work!