[Dailydrool] Nail Trimming

Karen Muchmore mom2jaxson at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 12:33:34 PDT 2009

The Muchmores have had their share of nail trimming traumas.  Even though it is a bi-monthly task at our home we have had some true haters of the nail clippers.  Our Kota (atb) was uncontrollable, and we were always afraid she would bite one of us accidentally in her struggle.  After we began to muzzle her for the process, she was perfectly calm and at ease for the process.  It was as if she realized the muzzle would keep her from hurting anyone and she would stand calmly for the experience.

When we would cut other members of the household nails, Kota would always be standing directly in the way of the trimming as if she was the supervisor of the process..  She was always making sure mommy didn't hurt anyone.

At present we have three good nail trimmers (two are cats - quite an accomplishment in my book) and we have one that is scared to death.  I'm not sure what scares him, I haven't made anyone bleed in years.  I keep the nail trimmers out at all times and when Jax (the scardy-cat) is asleep on the sofa, I sneak and quickly trim one nail.  It's time consuming, but a much calmer experience.

Karen Muchmore